Skycare Compounding Labs
Skycare Compounding Labs, a sister company to Skycare Pharmacy is a registered Drug Preparation Premises by the Ontario College of Pharmacy and provides hospitals with unique sterile & non-sterile compounding services encompassing:
- Intravenous Infusions
- Intrathecal Injections
- Enteral therapy
- Total parenteral nutrition (TPN)
- Antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral therapies
- Pain and symptom management
- Ophthalmic products
- Non-sterile dosage forms i.e. capsules, oral liquids, suppositories, tablet triturates, rapid dissolving tablets, lollipops, troches, topical / transdermal creams & ointments and much more.
Some of the obstacles of pharmaceutical compounding in hospitals:
- Hospital is not designed / equipped for aseptic drug preparation
- Maintenance of facility, equipment & up to date staff training
- Doctors and nurses are under significant time pressure
How Skycare compounding labs can help:
- Avoiding hidden costs of maintenance, training and meeting new and changing regulatory requirements
- Timely delivery of compounded products
- Total accountability with documentation and traceability for all compounding processes.
- Freeing up your hospital staff team so that patient care and therapy remains as their main focus.